Be Safe Online
Protect yourself and help prevent fraud:
- Delete any emails without opening if you don't recognize the sender.
- Do not open attachments or click on links in email from unknown senders. If an attachment comes from an unrecognized sender, delete it immediately.
- Install software only from trusted sources. Software sent via email is particularly dangerous as viruses are often transmitted via email.
- Install and maintain antivirus and anti-spyware software on your computer.
- Update your computer operating system and web browser software to benefit from the latest security protections.
- Pay attention to warning messages presented through your browser. Browser warning messages may indicate a security threat.